4.04.2011

It all started with...



A cupcake.


And then there were these cheapy looking cupcake stands that really weren't versatile.


Now don't get me wrong. I think these are cute and perfectly themed but what if you could have a stand that served any theme!? Insert creative juices! AND a trip to the oh so exclusive Wal-mart with a dash of Hobby Lobby!


I first saw this pretty lady. (Isn't she beautiful!) But then I had trouble finding her partners. :( Needless to say she was too complicated. And slightly too frilly to be as versatile as we needed her to be. I mean a little boy liking frillys?I've heard of it but not so much. And then there was there were these little beauties...

I snatched up three sizes of these glass plates. The largest being about 12'' in diameter and the smallest, a tea cup saucer of sorts, coming in at about 6" in diameter.

Now bear with me because I failed to take pictures of the candle holders I actually bought but they are similar to this only clear and with a bit wider base on top and more of a bubble in the middle.

Add a dash of gorilla glue (clear of course) and we are on our way! Finished product to come. But just think of all the ways you could dress up this beauty! She's like a blank canvas just screaming to be painted! Eeek! Can't wait to reveal!



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product! I might have to borrow this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah- Please do! The whole thing will cost less than $15 and it can be used in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete