2.26.2011

Need an inexpensive but cute gift idea for a friend?

I have a group of around 10 close friends and of course I try to buy them birthday and holiday gifts when the time comes around. Being the price conscious shopper I am, I try to purchase inexpensive items, and then personalize them to create value.
For example, one of my friends loves to write and to draw. So, I went to TJ Maxx where they sell the cutest stationary for under $5.00. I purchased a stationary set that included 3 different size tablets of paper and a pen. I then wrote a sweet note on one of the top pages, wrapped it in some pretty paper from Dollar Tree and there you go! A cute, personalized gift for around five bucks!
Because I purchase gifts so often, I make it a habit to take advantage of deals at stores. For example, if I go to Wal-Mart after one of their holiday sales (after Valentine’s Day or Christmas) I buy huge bags of candy for 50%-75% off and store it to use later in goodie bags for gifts.

My inspiration: The $1 rack.
Oh how I love stores that have $1 sections. These sections at Michaels and Target are my favorite! I like to stock up on birthday cards, magnets, notebooks, stickers, ribbon, and odds and ends that I can use for spur of the moment gifts.

All of these super cute cards came in packages of 8 and only cost $1 at Michaels. I got the flower vase and flowers, the candle and the pretty pink cup at Dollar Tree...ALL for $1! Bath & Body Works sells mini hand sanitizer bottles in your favorite scents for $1.50. A great deal!


Looking for something personalized, uplifting, and inexpensive? My friend gave me this picture frame ($1 at Dollar Tree) with one of her favorite verses written in it. Customize it even more with some ribbon, sequins, or small pictures!


In this economy, consumers are constantly looking for ways to save, you just have to know where to look and be creative!

1 comment:

  1. I live off of the $1 rack. Such a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete